At One Time Local Searches were reserved for services like City Guides and Online Yellow Pages. But the BIG 3 (Yahoo, Google and MSN) have all jumped into the Local Search Market. According to some Estimates Local searches represent 20-25% of all Internet Searches either implicitly or explicitly)
1 – Local Content
Create a web site with a few pages that contain local content.
- If you sell Life insurance in Missouri you may want to have information on how to file a Dispute with the Missouri Department of Insurance.
- If you have mortgages you may want to discuss a Missouri State Government Loan Program for low income first time Home Buyers in Missouri
- If you sell flowers you may want to discuss the best time to plant Roses in St Louis Missouri
2 – Local Yellow Pages
Get Yourself listed in the local online Yellow Pages both free and Paid. Currently much of the local Search results for the Local Searches perfromed by the Big 3 Come from Yellow Page Listings
3 – Local City Guides
Get Yourself listed in the local City Guides both free and Paid. Currently much of the local Search results for the Local Searches perfromed by the Big 3 Come from City Guides.
4 – Local Blog
Get Yourself a Local Blog. If you sell Insurance in Florissant MO call your Blog ‘Insurance-In-Florissant-MO’ Try and Post one or 2 times a Week with topics relevant to your Local Market. See Step 1 for Ideas on what to post.
5- About Us Page
Create an About us page on Your Web Site. BONANZAJP Make sure your about us Page has your Name, Local Information and the Products or Services you offer. An About us page can be as simple as
- About US: Mike Makler located in Florissant Missouri in North St Louis County Missouri offers Financial Services such as Life Insurance, Annuities and Mortgages.
- One or more paragraphs with inforamtion about You or your company.
- Contact US: Mike Makler Florissant MO, 63031 314 398-5547
6 – Contact Information on All Pages
Place you contact Information on All of your web pages. At a bare minimum include
- Your Name
- Your Company Name
- A Brief Description of Services Offered
- City, State and Zip Code (Street Address Optional)
- Contact Information (E-Mail Address and/ or Phone Number)
7 – Article Resource Box
When You Submit Articles you should create a Resource Box that includes the same information from Step 6 above. You should also have a Link to your web page.